Location:- Fresno, CA
The Category Manager will have oversight for the MRO (Maintenance, Repair and Operations) and CAPEX (Capital Expenditures) categories and will be responsible for developing, managing, and implementing strategic sourcing and category management practices that will deliver the best value outcome for the company. The Category Manager will be responsible for monitoring supplier performance programs with continuous improvement efforts to maximize value deliver cost savings initiatives. The Category Manager will drive opportunities to streamline our maintenance stock rooms ordering process and ensure the teams achieves the optimal balance between cost, efficiency and service levels.
Responsibilities of Category Manager
• Lead the development, negotiations, and execution of key contracts.
• Establish and deliver strategic sourcing strategy that promotes supplier base reduction and leverages financial analysis and competitive bids/Requests for Proposal (RFPs) for cost savings, reduction in total cost of ownership and other target objectives.
• Review and work closely with plants to improve and define stock room inventory programs.
• Work with all levels of the business to evaluate requirements for goods and services for the category(s) managed.
• Understand and perform spend analysis using SAP and other sources.
• Analyze spend patterns through the supply chain and identify opportunities to reduce costs.
• Lead ongoing category management activities within assigned scope to achieve business objectives.
• Strategically source category(s) including: RFx (request for x, identified criteria), evaluation criteria, supplier evaluations, supplier diversity evaluations, etc.
• Manage the supplier selection and engagement process including; management of internal stakeholders and suppliers throughout the strategic sourcing process.
• Provide recommendations and business cases to award business for purchasing categories.
• Develop supplier performance measurements.
• Manage source-to-pay (S2P) process, including supplier enablement, negotiations, and supplier relationship management (SRM).
• Monitor supplier performance to ensure that acceptable service levels are maintained.
• Maintain excellent working relationships with key suppliers and internal customers.
• Take action to support delivery of outcomes and monitoring Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) internally and externally.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements of Category Manager
- Bachelors' Degree is required, majors in Supply Chain Management, Economics, Business Administration, or Materials Engineering is preferred. Candidates may substitute five (5) years of prior Category Management experience in lieu of degree requirement.
- Three (3) years of strategic procurement with category management experience is required. Candidates who substitute experience in lieu of degree require eight (8) years procurement experience.
- Proven track record of delivering significant savings and efficiencies across a diverse range of procurement projects is required.
- Broad and demonstrable knowledge to design and implement appropriate procurement processes, procedures and performance measures is required.
- Strong business acumen with excellent understanding of markets and how they operate and will impact the business is required.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain internal and external relationships and able to drive alignment.
- Experience with supply chain optimization and continuous improvements initiatives is strongly preferred.
- Effective contract management and negotiation skills are required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to communicate effectively at any level is required.
- SAP experience is preferred.
- Experience with MS Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Project Management is required
- Experience with CAPEX and MRO