We are currently looking for a Boiler Operator to provide support at the VA facility in Mather, CA. Job Requirements:
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Boiler Operator independently operates and maintains utility plant equipment and systems with minimal supervision; maintain one or multiple gas/propane fired water or fire tube boilers equipped with electronic controls, and associated auxiliary control equipment; operate a boiler feed water treatment plant and test the water, adding proper chemicals to boiler feed water if necessary.
- Must possess the ability to perform the common tasks associated with journeyman duties, and will be subject to occasional and random inspections.
- Observe boiler controls, gauges and charts to make necessary adjustments for proper fuel and airflow to maintain system pressure. Operate the air conditioning management system consisting of an automatic data system for gathering and recording plant and remote air conditioning data.
- Ability to do the common tasks associated with journeyman duties in a line of work, under close supervision and subject to inspection at the end of each task. Read and record temperatures, pressures, and operating data as required within a boiler pant.
- Must be able to competently to inspect: all boiler controls, combustion equipment, water leveler regulation, steam regulators, 0-2 recorder, automatic 0-2 trim systems, safety devices, instruments, flow meters, feed pumps, gas regulators, automatic controls and air regulators. Maintain constant observation of the meters, charts, gauges, water levels and temperatures to ensure that all systems are functioning properly. Read and record temperatures, pressures, and operating data as required within a boiler plant.
- Must have knowledge of equipment assembly, installation repairs; must be able to perform repairs on boilers, chillers and related equipment, such as replacing bearings, packing and mechanical seals in pumps both liquid transfer and vacuum. Install and maintain all auxiliary air conditioning equipment consisting of chill water pumps, glycol circulating pumps, cooling towers, control air compressors, refrigerated /desiccants type air-dryers, pneumatic/electric control valves, variable frequency drives, digital pneumatic variable air volume boxes, electronic air filters, electric/steam humidifiers, automatic/manual water treatment systems, exhaust fans, air-balancing accessories.
- Perform minor steam fitting, plumbing, electrical work, painting, and housekeeping of the boiler plant. Ability to interpret instructions, specifications operating procedures: Determine proper chemicals to be added to the water in the proper proportions in which they are to be added to prevent corrosion and scale formation. Add chemicals to the chiller system and record test results and chemicals added. Perform adjustments and corrections to boilers based on recorded inspection date.