We are looking for a highly qualified, motivated and entrepreneurial audit professional based in Los Angeles, CA who will provide independent assurance and risk insights for North & South America market for an expanding global audit team. As a team member of this newly created internal audit position this individual will be responsible for the following
- Partner with the operational teams to assess risk and advise on controls related to emerging businesses and product risks.
- Build collaborative and trusting relationships with business partners and cross-functional stakeholders to thoroughly understand their business and identify appropriate risk mitigations and opportunities to add value.
- Support the execution of the annual risk assessment and development of an approved annual audit plan.
- Conduct detailed audits and reviews for providing independent assurance that control framework and systems and are functioning as intended.
- Identify internal control deficiencies and provide recommendations for improving the organizations operation, in terms of both efficient and effective performance.
- Draft written internal audit reports that clearly articulate the scope, objectives, issues, risk, impact, root cause, and practical, value-added recommendations for remediation.
- Monitor implementation of outstanding audit recommendations and validate their implementation.
- Proactively evaluate risks and internal controls against changing trends and market/economic/business conditions.
- Review and evaluate adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls for key processes.
- Keep up-to-date with changes in regulations, compliance, and accounting practices.
- Drive innovative value creation and continuous process improvements through technology, process and people.
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and/or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) preferred.
- A minimum of 6-8 years internal or external audit experience and 2 years of management experience is required; public accounting firm (Company) strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Auditing Standards) is required.
- Experienced in using a risk-based audit approach in evaluation of and recommendation for management processes.
- Proven ability to influence change and effectively lead projects, collect/analyze data and develop/communicate recommendations.
- Able to analyze business processes and internal controls to formulate effective measures to improve control effectiveness and efficiency.