Kite is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this jobJob Description
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit . Sign up to on Twitter at .
We are seeking a highly motivated individual for the role of Associate Director EHS and Security to work in this exciting new area of cancer immunotherapy! This role has the primary responsibility for the oversight of the Environmental Health and Safety Programs and Security organization at our Commerical Manufacturing Location in El Segundo, CA. This role reports directly to the Head of Facilities and Engineering at the site.Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Provides leadership and guidance to site EHS and Security team, with clear goals and expectations
- Leads the day-to-day activities of the all EHS Programs including, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental, Occupational Health, Hazardous Waste Management, and Crisis Management.
- Develops internal policies, procedures and practices dealing with EHS and Security based on best available scientific evidence and professional judgment in collaboration with the Kite/Gilead EHS network
- Accountable for developing action plans for EHS and Security team to meet long-term objectives
- Develops and maintains the Kite EHS Management System (EHSMS)
- Responsible for the Security function, external contract and the Site Security Plan for the overall site
- Responsible the preparation, organization, and presentation of EHS Leadership Training; develops and oversees company EHS training programs for all employees
- Approves annual environmental reports for distribution
- Acts as site lead representative in matters of insurance/risk assessment
- Responsible for annual precursor licensing and registration activities
- Leads management of site Emergency Response Team and reports any off-site spills or releases to appropriate parties
- Responsible for defining prescribed PPE and environmental controls for the site
- Defines system requirements for specialized EHS applications that cross geographical boundaries, and serves as lead for cross-functional teams to develop or refine applications
- Ensures projects and routine work are executed safely, efficiently, and in accordance with all applicable codes and Kite/Gilead Standards.
- Works on moderately complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires in-depth evaluation of various factors, strong judgment is required in resolving problems and making recommendations.
- Responsible for staff development, managing high performing teams, budgeting and cost control, talent mapping, succession planning, the development of strong leaders within the function.
- Resolves people management issues and provide expert advice to managers regarding technical, operations or people management issues.
- Provides expertise and guidance in interpreting governmental regulations, agency guidelines, and internal policies to assure compliance.
- Coordinates contract personnel through completion of assignments.
- Independently manages assigned projects through completion, includes managing and audit field support as required.
- May serve as a liaison between Kite and the various governmental agencies/ regulators and external auditors.
- Supports senior leadership in creating and implementing mid-long term plans for department.
- Collaborates with Kite/Gilead EHS Network to enable development and implementation of company best practice for EHS and security programs.
- BS with 10+ years of environmental health and safety or related field Or MS with 8+ years of related experience
- Minimum of 6+ years of people management experience
- Advanced knowledge of business management of relevant EHS technical field or possess active professional certification (e.g. CSP, CIH, CRSP or equivalent)
- Demonstrate active listening and continuous feedback within team, ability to facilitate problem solving, decision making, and issue resolution
- Strong program and change management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic, and highly fluid company environment with works under consultative direction toward pre-determined long-range goals and objectives.
- Able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Up to 10% travel required
- Advanced certifications highly desired.
- Previous experience working in highly regulated manufacturing environments desirable.
- Accountable for developing action plans for EHS and Security team to meet long-term objectives highly desirable
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of state of the art principles and theories and industry practice.
- Knowledgeable with cGxP as well as regulatory regulations and compliance requirements for cell therapy and pharmaceutical
- Able to express ideas and present information effectively to Kite leadership, within team functions, and with external partners
- Ability to think critically with demonstrated troubleshooting and analytical skills
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit . Sign up to on Twitter at .For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability,genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.