Robert Half Finance & Accounting is seeking a goal-oriented Assistant Controller for one of their clients in the Non-Profit industry. The Assistant Controller role will report to the Controller and supervise accounting staff. In this Assistant Controller role, you will utilize your problem solving skills by taking initiative to identity and resolve problems. Apply immediately! This full-time employment opportunity is based in the Sacramento, California area.
Please contact Shantel Poole via LinkedIn for immediately consideration.
- Create relevant and timely reports on financial data analytics like the monthly flash report, key financial metrics, and actual spend against budgets/outlook
- Drive accountability and the meeting of deliverables
- Guarantee regular account reconciliation to completion
- Progressive preparation and coordination of fiscal year-end audits
- Compose diverse procedures, policies, and technical accounting analyses
- Guide the accounting team during the closing process to arrange that deadlines are met
- Supplementary duties as assigned
- Sort out and construct Ad Hoc financial reports
- Give to the preparation of GAAP financial statements, including forecasting and budgeting
- Backfill for Controller as necessary
- Direct to ensure a competent, trained staff through goal setting, development, and regular assessment
- Mark and expand process improvements to streamline reporting and improve team efficiency
- Maintain implementation and insure adherence to accounting policies and proceduresJob Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- Financial reporting experience desired
- Financial auditing experience
- Knowledge of month end closings
- Ability to handle multiple tasks to prioritize needs and expedite tasks upon request
- Extraordinary analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Deep knowledge of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems
- 5+ years of general ledger accounting experience with 2+ years in leadership
- Deep technical background in public accounting (GAAP)
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you're working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE's "Most Admired Companies" every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes' annual ranking of America's Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.