Accountant - PublicCompensation:
$70000.00 to $80000.00 yearly
Series C Biotech company in Berkeley CA is looking for a high level AP specialist. This company specializes in developing innovative new drugs to treat various diseases. As the AP accountant, you will be reporting to the Assistant Controller, helping out with the month end close relating to accounts payable, handling accruals, reconciliations, and other financials. This will be their first AP hire, so looking for someone to eager to take on new responsibilities and not afraid of get scrappy.
Provide following functions with focus on clinical, CMC functions -
• Review Zageno (purchasing software) to ensure categorized and job coded correctly
• Manage full cycle of procurement to payable process including vendor communications and accurate invoice billing based on purchase orders.
• Record invoices to the proper accounting periods in accordance with company policy and generally accepted accounting principles.
• Ensure proper GL coding of invoices and expenses with proper documentation and approval.
• Review invoice status and follow up on overdue invoices and resolve invoice discrepancies.
• Process and distribute approved payments/checks to vendors/employees including preparation of Wires, ACH, or Bill Pay for various vendors.
• Maintenance and review of vendor information, including banking, ACH, Form W-9's, as needed for year-end 1099 issuance.
• Responsible for accounts payable portion of month-end close activities, including but not limited to preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations for accounts payable, expense accruals (excluding CMC and clinical) and fixed assets.
• Continue to apply best practices to all AP areas by adding value through process improvement and creating workflow efficiencies; to help reduce processing time, improve accuracy and reduce paper-based processes.
• Bachelor's degree in Business / Finance / Accounting
• Minimum of 3-5 years of professional accounting experience, preferably in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry, is required.
• Good understanding of application and practice of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and SOX
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
• Team player and has ability to work independently.
• Detail oriented and excellent organization and analytical skills
• Ability to be proactive and identify accounting issues and identify areas for improvement (i.e., missing information, inconsistencies with contracts etc.)
• Proficient with QuickBooks, Microsoft Office suite products (Word, Excel, Outlook) and familiarity with automated accounting systems and their application to accounting functions.
• International experience a plus
• Experience with Oracle Fusion and NetSuite a significant plus
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches skilled accounting and finance professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you're working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE's "Most Admired Companies" every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes' inaugural list of America's Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit for more information.