Natilus is seeking an airframe design engineer to join the structural design group. The airframe design engineer will design, build, and test prototype experimental aircraft in a fast-paced research and development environment, and with significant vertical responsibility. The work will span preliminary design, part and assembly design, system design, manufacturing support, and flight test engineering support. Typically, this work includes design and manufacture of the wing, fuselage, empennage, control surface structures, and their integration into the overall vehicle.
Natilus is building a large 19,000lb unmanned aerial vehicle powered by twin turbo props. It is a blended wing body with the sole purpose of carrying cargo. It will be the first of its kind and the first BWB put into production.
The position is based out of San Diego and requires 20% travel.
US Citzens or Permanent Residents may apply.Requirements
- Fundamental knowledge of aircraft load paths and structural sizing
- An expert understanding of the theory and practical application of composite structures and their application to aircraft
- A strong understanding of composite manufacturing and assembly
- Select and manage third party vendors and suppliers
- Strong problem solving, organizational, and communication skills
- Proficiency in CATIA, Unigraphics, or Solidworks
- A minimum of three years or directly related work experience
- Bachelor of Science in Aerospace or Mechanical engineering
- Rapid prototyping experience
- Aircraft homebuilding or other hands-on design or build experience
- Pilot's license and/or A&P License
- Experience with Unigraphics and Fibersim
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Stock Option Plan
Natilus Inc hires solely based on qualifications, merit and competence. Natilus Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Natilus Inc does not hire on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.