Accounts Receivable ClerkCompensation:
$19.95 to $23.10 hourly
Accountemps is seeking an Accounts Receivable (A/R) Clerk. There is a quickly growing accounting team looking for a candidate to join them who is interested in great career growth potential and a great benefits package. The Accounts Receivable Clerk will enter, post and reconcile batches, research and resolve customer A/R issues, prepare aging report, place billing and collection calls, maintain cash receipts journal, update, and reconcile sub-ledger to G/L. The strongest candidates for this Accounts Receivable Clerk position will be self-starters with high attention to detail, ready to handle 200+ invoices a week. This is a short-term temporary Accounts Receivable Clerk position and is based in the Redlands, California area.
- Contact clients to help resolve payment issues; assist in setting up payment plans
- Locate delinquent customer accounts through various means, e.g. skip-tracing, phone contact, written correspondence, and make arrangements for payment
- Compile segments of monthly closings and annual reports and take care of payments in compliance with GAAP
- Promote, communicate, and reinforce the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Provide information, as requested to shippers, customers, the sales/marketing department and other stakeholders
- Complete a wide range of basic accounting tasks in accordance with standard procedures, including general accounting tasks
- Square bank accounts, posting and balancing financial data in diverse ledgers
- Test documents and codesJob Requirements:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with strong Excel skills
- Strong familiarity with Full Cycle Accounting
- General familiarity with Credit Memo
- Practical knowledge of Debit Memo
- Charge Posting experience preferred
- Cash posting experience highly desired
- Knowledge of Commercial Collections
- Demonstrated knowledge of Charge Posting
- Adeptness in cash posting
- Accounts Receivable (AR) experience
- 3+ years of relevant experience in accounts receivable
- Strong analytical skills in basic accounts receivable and accounting policy
- Skilled with ERP systems
- Attentive, ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- AA or BS/BA degree in Accounting or related field
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches skilled accounting and finance professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you're working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE's "Most Admired Companies" every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes' inaugural list of America's Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit for more information.