Vaco Los Angeles is working with a client who is looking for an Accounts Receivable/Collections Clerk. This position is responsible for applying payments, identifying any problems and finding a solution all within a reasonable time-frame. Researching, communicating and providing billing and payment information to customer service, finance and customers is a significant portion of the essential function of the position.
- Responsible for daily processing of cash receipts.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers
- Requires direct interaction with Finance, Customer service and customers to process payments efficiently
- Assist customer service representatives to ensure customer needs are addressed promptly, professionally and acurately.
- Research and problem solve any discrepancies in reporting on a daily basis.
- Identify and execute the necessary process adjustments after verification has been completed
- Draft, prepare and maintain various reports including maintaing an accurate aging report.
- Prepare and send reminder notices and statements to outstanding customers
- Assist finance and customer service team in month end reporting procedures
- Perform filing and general administrative tasks
- Performs any and all other duties as assigned.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred but not required
- 1-3 years accounts receivable and/or general accounting experience
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Strong Excel skills required
- Attention to detail and well organized required.
- Strong ability to research and analyze data
- Excellent data entry skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations and remain calm under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Capability to work well independently and work well in a team environment
- Provide excellent customer service, together with a professional phone manner
- Aptitude to be cautious with sensitive information
- Always willing to learn new skills and take the initiative to further understand processes and make recommendations for improvements.
- Knowledge of ERP systems required.