Vaco Los Angeles is working with a real estate client that is looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist that will be responsible for a range of general staff accounting tasks but will be primarily responsible for all phases of accounts payable processing including vendor file maintenance, invoice and payment processing along with accounts payable records management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Codes such items as invoices, vouchers, expense reports, check requests, etc., with correct accounts to ensure proper entry into the financial system.
- Handles vendor correspondence via phone or email.
- Investigates and resolves issues associated with processing of invoices.
- Prepares batch check runs and wire transfers.
- Assists with monthly status reports, and monthly closings.
- Receives, researches and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons.
- Files, maintains, and distributes accounting documents, records and reports.
- Performs other duties as required to support Accounting Department.
- 1-3 years accounts payable or general accounting experience in a high volume environment
- Basic knowledge of real estate concepts and lease terminology preferred
- Experience with Netsuite & Bill.com required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Team Player
- Strong organizational skills; must be detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Open to change and willing to learn new skills
- Ability to follow up on pending issues
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Intermediate Excel Skills