$16.15 to $18.70 hourly
Accountemps is searching for a talented Accounting Clerk for an admired organization. The Accounting Clerk will chiefly be responsible for matching invoices to purchase orders and/or vouchers, data entry, and assisting in the process of Accounts Payable (A/P) and Accounts Receivable (A/R). This fast-paced environment offers you a great work space/office, excellent benefits, and great career advancement opportunity. This is a short-term temporary-to-full-time position located in the Marina, California area.
What you get to do every day
- Group documents that require knowledge in determining proper classification of accounting codes and expenditure codes
- Produce statements and reports that require utilization of a wide range of sources
- Rectify discrepancies by checking all possible sources of disagreement, reconstructing probable actions, and recognizing the effect on other accounts; prepare correction documents as required
- Transmit financial information to journals and ledgers
- Companywide accounting: help with G/L account reconciliation and month-end closing, other ad hoc projects
- Assist Accounts Receivable: help with collection of past due balance, process daily invoices/credit, and apply cash receipt
- Assist Accounts Payable: A/P invoice matching & filing, vendor invoices and disbursement filingJob Requirements:
- Prior knowledge in Spreadsheet and ERP system
- Ability to handle multiple tasks to prioritize needs and expedite tasks upon request
- Accounts Receivable (AR) experience required
- Expense reports experience
- Proven knowledge of commercial collections
- Comprehensive knowledge of Accounts Payable (AP)
- Cash posting experience
- Well-founded grasp of accounts receivable aging
- Experience with consumer collections
- General familiarity with account reconciliation
- AA or BS/BA in Accounting or related field preferred
- Accurate, swift, data entry abilities
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches skilled accounting and finance professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you're working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE's "Most Admired Companies" every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes' inaugural list of America's Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit for more information.