The Fixed Asset Accountant is responsible for maintaining all fixed assets including developing and monitoring appropriate internal controls and procedures and ensuring they are followed. Additionally, the Fixed Asset Accountant is responsible for the recording and disposition of fixed assets, recording and tracking of construction in progress, and monthly reconciliations of the fixed asset subsidiary ledger and construction in progress tracking schedule to the general ledger.Job Requirements:
Essential Job Duties:
• Administer the fixed asset function including developing and monitoring appropriate internal controls and procedures
• Record capital asset acquisitions and disposals
• Maintain monthly construction in progress tracking schedule
• Perform monthly reconciliations including reconciling the fixed asset subsidiary ledger and construction in progress tracking schedule to the general ledger
• Review all council resolutions for project appropriations and establish and monitor capital projects within the accounting system
• Close out projects upon completion including assisting projects managers with the close out process
• Prepare project status report on a quarterly basis
• Prepare schedule of resources available on a monthly basis
• Run monthly depreciation for all fixed assets
• Prepare audit schedules related to fixed assets and assist auditors with fixed asset inquiries
• Prepare fixed asset related journal entries as necessary
• Other duties and projects as assigned by the Accounting Manager Requirements
• Knowledge of accepted accounting practices and principles. Highly detail oriented and organized in work. Ability to meet assigned deadlines.
• Excellence communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to act independently with minimal daily interaction to accomplish objectives. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
• One to three years of fixed asset accounting experience preferred but not required.
08:00am TO 05:00pm